Banner

Banner
Photo by Curtis Schultz

Monday, December 15, 2014

October frights give way to November thanks.

So I didn't blog during October or November and I am sorry, but I was also working like 6 and 7 days a week. sorry guys...
A really good friend of mine from back home in Idaho just happens to be one of the best photographers I know. I was lucky enough to get some promo pics done by here last time I was home. Thank you Abrey Adams Photography!!!
The fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the changing seasons, the colorful fall leaves, the candy corn, the cooler weather, the pumpkin flavored everything, candy corn, corn mazes, candy apples, candy corn, and everything halloween. (Did I mention I love Candy Corn?)
Halloween is definitely my favorite holiday.

The fall as of late, has been a tough time for me. Although its my favorite time of the year, it's also one of my busiest times of the year. There is definitely worse things than having to much work, but it's also a rough deal. Every year, I get so busy in the fall, so much work is available, and I know that I will be taking time off around Thanksgiving and Christmas, that I need to work as much as possible. the last few years, I have worked so much that I didn't even get any days off in October. This year I took 1 day off to go to Fright Fest at Six Flags Magic Mountain. It was awesome. I was also lucky enough to get off early on halloween to take my Baby trick or treating for the first time, which was also awesome!!!
But I did miss a lot of other stuff and don't get to experience or enjoy some of my favorite fall things.  I used to do this thing where I would watch and list 31 horror movies the entire month of Oct. I used to experience the fall, and all my favorite things, but now I am working so hard that I barely get to spend any time with my wife and baby between working and sleeping. Its tough working so much doing lighting, and then trying to work on directing with any spare time I have left. I don't want to sound like I am complaining, but it's hard, and it starts to get to me. This year it got me thinking.

Fright Fest was great, it was scary, and fun, and everything I wanted it to be. I had such a great time. its fun to think about how getting scared was a good time. My wife thinks I am weird, because I never get scared, and when everyone around us is getting scared and screaming, I am laughing. I think its fun. Well when I started getting down this fall because I was working to hard, not having fun, and not even making much head way directing, I realized that I was scared. I have been directing a lot of stuff lately, music videos, commercials, a few short films, etc... and I have been telling you all about them, posting pictures, posting links, etc. but I was also scared. I haven't been mentioning some things that I have been working on, or that I have been wanting, because I was scared about how I would look if I couldn't get them done or if I failed... Well now that October, the month of being scared, (my favorite month of the year) is long over, I am going to try and not be scared any more of failure, or looking dumb. I have been working on scripts. I have 3 feature length movies that I wrote, as well as one I have been working on with a buddy, and I am going to try and make one. I am also going to try and sell one, get a manager, or an agent, and really push forward making movies. I want to write and direct movies and TV shows. and I want to tell everyone all about it.

Through Nov and Dec I am going to be working hard on getting a new website up, a new demo reel together, and agents or managers. I want to start submitting scripts to studios and looking for funding I am also going to start writing up business plans for the scripts I have, and start looking for investors. If you wanna help, or think you can help let me know! If you want to be involved let me know! I am done being scared to make it known about what I am doing and what I want. If I fail, I'll get up and start over and I am going to keep telling you all about it every step of the way.

 Now its time to be thankful instead of scared. I am so thankful for all my family, friends, and fans. I am thankful for all the opportunities that I have had that got me where I am today. I am thankful for all I have learned, and I am thankful for the spiritual kick in the butt I just received to push me forward again.
You are all on this journey with me and I will let you know when I have more stuff to tell you and to show you, If you don't hear from me until then, ill post again next month, but expect me to take some time off work and spend it working hard on my directing... 

Thanks again and as always...

Thank you for reading and following (Hint Hint, if you haven't followed my blog yet, you probably should) Please, if you have any questions or comments, write them in the comment section below. I would love to hear from you doods (which includes you female doods too)!!!! Please keep reading and share with your friends. Lots more great and exciting things are coming on this long hard road of making it as a director...

No comments:

Post a Comment